All the work posted in maths and English is on the transfer curriculum. Other things to focus on include:
- Make sure all computation (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) is accurate, with a quick recall of tables facts.
- One paper completed in a quiet area for 1 hour each week (it is crucial that they get used to this timing). Any discuss of papers can be done on Google Classroom.
- Papers are good practice but learning comes from corrections.
- If signed up to Transfer Tutor make regular use of it.
- Some of the work sent home may not have been taught, so go back and forth to it as they make connections in learning.
- A few booklets from the second pack of transfer work is from very late on in the year; so use your judgement about what your child can achieve and when to administer that work.
- Don't go overboard - you don't want to put them off.
- If using previous past transfer papers please don't use 2011 and beyond as we will be using these in Yr7.