Welcome to our first month of home learning!
Each month I will be giving ideas to use at home with your nursery child. You are not obligated to do anything, use as much or as little as you would like, everybody's situation and everybody's child is different.
If you need any help or guidance on an area, please ask via my email address, email@example.com
Some hints and tips:
- Read with your child everyday if possible. Read anything and everything, story books, factual books, books on tablets, computers etc whatever sparks their interest.
- Count as you do every day things, e.g How many blocks are you using to build that, can you pass me three forks please, count the steps as you walk up etc.
- Talk as you do things, explain what you are doing.
- Sing together!
- Encourage them to play outside everyday in all weathers!
- A timetable of activities will suit some and not others, do whatever works best for you and your family.
Most of our nursery curriculum is based around play, you will have most of the resources you need already at home. Don't feel like you have to do all these things every day.
- Singing nursery rhymes
- Building with blocks/lego
- Using the sink/bath as a water tray
- Board games
- Playing with imaginative toys
- Using bikes, trikes, scooters etc outside